1 ripe plantain
400 mL milk
120 g plain flour
pinch of salt
sunflower or vegetable oil (for frying)
caster sugar (optional for topping)
chocolate sprinkles (option for topping)
British style plantain pancakes served with your favourite pancake toppings
Sutiable for vegetarians
Prep time: 25
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Plantain Pancakes Go Great With
1. Peel and chop the plantain, then blend with the milk until smooth.
2. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, then add the eggs. Whisk until it forms a dough then add half of the milk mixture. Whisk until smooth then add the other half. Whisk again then leave the pancake mixt to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
3. Lightly brush a frying pan with oil then heat to medium heat. Pour a ladle full of the pancake mixture onto the pan, then swirl the pan to spread to mixture.
4. When the pancake begins to bubble and the sides of the pancake begin to fold, gently flip the pancake over using a spatula. Then fry 30 more seconds before serving onto a plate.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 for the rest of the pancake mix.
6. Garnish the pancake with your favourite toppings such as caster sugar and chocolate sprinkles
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.