The tastiest coconut flavoured snowman cupcakes, perfect for the christmas season!
Prep time: 1 hour
baking time: 20 minutes
To make the cupcakes:
115 g soft butter or soft margarine
115g caster sugar
2 large eggs
115g self raising flour
85g desiccated coconut
2 tbsp milk
To make the frosting:
55g soft butter
2 tbsp double cream
115g icing sugar
30g desiccated coconut
55g black ready to roll fondant icing
orange and pink jelly diamonds
green circular sprinkles
1. To make the cupcakes add the butter and caster sugar to a food mixer and mix together until light and fluffy
2. Gradually beat in the eggs, then beat together for 5 minutes
3. Sift in the flour, then fold in gently.
4. Add in the desiccated coconut , milk, then fold in again.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly into 9 cupcake paper cases
6. Bake for in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until the cupcakes are well risen, golden brown and firm to touch
7. Leave the cupcakes to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes at room temperature
8. To make the frosting, beat the butter in a food mixer until soft and creamy
9. Then add the double cream and icing sugar, then beat together for 3 minutes.
10 Spread the frosting over the cupcakes.
11. To decorate the cupcakes firstly sprinkle the desiccated coconut evenly over the frosting.
12. Then to add eyes for the snowmen use brown chocolate chips. Add orange jelly diamonds for their noses, black fondant icing cut into hat shapes for the snowmen's hats and also use the black fondant icing , this time rolled into thin strips, for the snowmen's mouths.
13. To make the snowmen's rosy cheeks, make small cuts from pink jelly diamonds . Finally to decorate the hat, use small cuts from glacier cherries and circular green sprinkles to recreate holly
Dessert Recipe To Try Next:
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.