Sweet Potato & Spinach Curry
Delicious and healthy curry sauce mixed with an array of flavoured spices, sweet potatoes and spinach, best served with rice.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
3 tbsp olive or cooking oil
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 heaped tsp mild curry powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 inch piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3-5 green chillies, chopped (optional)
2 can plum tomatoes, blended
1 cup water
handful of defrosted or fresh spinach
salt to taste
Serving suggestion: steamed rice
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, add in the onions, garlic, green chilies and ginger. Stir then cook until onions turn translucent
2. Add in the grounded spices, followed by the plum tomatoes and water.
3. Heat for 5 minutes on high heat, then add in the sweet potatoes and 1 circle of salt.
4. Place the lid on the saucepan, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes
5. Add in the spinach and cook for a further 10 minutes with the lid on.
6. Serve with hot steamed rice
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.