Homemade Cheese Sauce
Delicious and creamy cheese sauce made from scratch, perfect for mac n cheese, pasta dishes and lasagne
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
4.5 cups whole milk
~200 g mixed grated cheese (90 g mozzarella, 45g cheddar, 32 g maasdam and 32 g samso)
2 tbsp salted butter
2 tbsp plain flour
salt or black pepper to taste (optional)
1. To a saucepan on medium heat, add the salted butter and plain flour.
2. Stir the mixture using a whisk until all the flour has dissolved
3. Gradually add in the whole milk whilst stirring quickly
4. Once all the milk has been added, stir for 5 minutes on medium heat
5. Lower the heat slightly to low-medium heat, then add in the mixed grated cheese (important: Add the cheese a handful at a time with quick stirring. Check the cheese has melted before adding another handful to the milk).
6. Once all the cheese has been added, taste the cheese sauce. The sauce should taste cheesy if not, add extra cheese.
7. Optional: Add in salt or black pepper to taste
8. Turn off the heat then use the sauce as desired
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.