Christmas Tree Gingerbread Biscuits
Crunchy gingerbread biscuits shaped into christmas trees and decorated with fondant icing, snowflakes and silver balls
Prep time: 35 minutes
Baking time: 12 minutes
Decorating time: 30 minutes
350g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground ginger
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
175g light soft brown sugar
1 medium egg
4 tbsp of golden syrup
Green icing (already brought in a tube)
Silver edible balls
White and blue edible snow flakes
Orange, beige and pink mini edible stars
1 tsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius (35 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Sift the flour into a bowl. Then add the baking powder, ginger and cinnamon
3. Add the mixture to a food mixing bowl, followed by the butter. Mix together until the mixture looks like bread crumbs
4. Add in the light brown sugar and continue mixing for a few minutes.
5. Meanwhile in a separate bowl crack one egg and add the golden syrup, then lighlty beat the mixture.
5. Add the beaten egg mixture to the food mixing bowl. Continue to mix until a dough is formed
7. Place the dough on a dusted surface and knead together until smooth
8. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and then leave in fridge to cool for 15 minutes
9. Roll out the dough on a lightly dusted surface (thickness of dough ~ 0.4 cm)
10. Using a Christmas tree cutter, cut out christmas tree shapes and place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
11. Place 5-6 biscuits in the oven at a time for 12 minutes or until lightly browned
12. Leave to biscuits to cool for 10 minutes on the baking tray, before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely to room temperature
13. Repeat steps 11-12 for the remaining batches of biscuits
14. Decorate the biscuits using green icing , silver balls, edible snowflakes and stars.
15. To finish lightly dust the biscuits with some icing sugar.
Dessert Recipe To Try Next:
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.