Tender shredded chicken fillet breasts cooked in a rich tomato sauce with colourful mixed vegetables, layered with lasagne sheets and a rich creamy cheese sauce. Spicy and non-spicy recipe below.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
700 g chicken breast fillets
season all/salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp hot chilli powder (optional for spicy recipe)
2 medium onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 scotch bonnet, chopped (optional for spicy recipe)
300 g mushrooms
2 cups baby spinach
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
500 g tomato sauce for lasagne
470 g creamy cheese sauce for lasagne
400 g lasagne pasta sheets
salt to taste
4 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp mature cheddar cheese
1. Chop the chicken fillets into small cubes then season with season all (or salt & pepper) to taste. Add the paprika and hot chilli powder (optional for spicy recipe) to the chicken, then mix the ingredients together.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil on high heat in a frying pan, then cook the chicken fillets for 10 minutes (or until the chicken is slightly brown on all sides). Turn off the heat, then shred the chicken into small pieces using a knive and fork.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil on high heat in a saucepan, then add the onions, garlic and scotch bonnet (optional for spicy recipe). Cook for 5 minutes, then add mushrooms, then cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add baby spinach, cook for 3 minutes then add the cooked chicken. Add the tomato sauce, frozen mixed vegetables and salt to taste (~ half a circle) then mix the ingredients together. Cook for 10 minutes on medium heat then turn off heat.
5. Blanch the lasagne pasta sheets in boiling water for 5 minutes, drain, then separate the sheets onto a plate.
6. Pour half of the cooked chicken and vegetable tomato sauce in a heatproof dish, then create a flat even layer using a spoon. Cover with one layer of pasta sheets, then spread half the cheese sauce on top of the sheets. Repeat step 6 to create a second layer. Sprinkle cheese for the topping.
7. Bake lasagne in oven at 180 degrees celsius for 40 minutes. Leave the lasagne to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.