Apple & Cinnamon Muffins
Fresh chopped sweet apples and ground cinnamon mixed in a moist sponge muffin topped with crushed golden sugar lumps.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
85 g plain, wholemeal flour, sieved
70 g plain flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
40 g golden caster sugar
2 small eating apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
125 ml milk, whole or semi skimmed
1 egg, beaten
4 tbsp butter, melted
12 brown sugar lumps
0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Add the wholemeal flour, plain flour, baking powder, 1 tsp ground cinnamon and salt together in a bowl.
2. Next add the caster sugar and eating apples to the bowl, then mix all the ingredients together.
3. In another bowl, add the butter, milk and egg then mix together. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients then mix together until just combined to form a batter.
4. Pour the batter evenly in 8 muffin liners.
5. To make the topping, coarsely crush 12 brown sugar lumps in a bowl followed by 0.5 tsp of cinnamon then mix the together. Sprinkle the crushed sugar over the 8 muffins.
6. Place the muffins on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, then place in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 mintues or until the muffins have turned golden brown and have risen.
7. Place the muffins on a wire rack to cool for 30 mintues before serving
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.