Cornmeal and cocoa powder based mixture to form a moist and unique sweet bread dessert
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
2/3 cups caster sugar
2/3 cocoa powder, unsweetened
2/3 cups plain flour, sieved
2/3 cups cornmeal (fine or coarse)
1/3 olive oil
2 medium eggs
1 cup milk
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1. To a bowl add the caster sugar, plain flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt then mix all the dry ingredients together.
2. To another bowl, add the eggs, milk and olive oil then whisk all the wet ingredients together for 3 minutes.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, then mix together well until a smooth batter is formed.
4. Pour the batter into a greased loaf tray. Place in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until fork or skewer is clean when pierced in the bread.
5. Take out of the oven, then leave to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
6. Use a knive to loosen the sides of the bread from the loaf tray, then invert the bread onto the wire rack, then remove the loaf tray. Place the bread on a serving plate.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.