Honey Grilled Salmon With Vegetables
Fresh salmon fillets marinaded with a homemade honey based dressing, then grilled. Served with grilled vegetables
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinate time: min 1 hour
Cooking time: 50 minutes
2 salmon fillets (~120g each in mass)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
lemon juice, half a lemon
1/2 tbsp runny honey
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped green chillies (optional)
1/2 tsp paprika
~750g baby potatoes, peeled
3-5 carrots, peeled
sprinkle of dried thyme
sprinkle of paprika
salt to taste
drizzle of olive oil
Do you love fish? Check out our other fish recipes
1. To make the salmon marinade, add all the listed ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
2. In a plastic bag add the two salmon fillets, followed by the salmon marinade. Tie the bag and mix the contents of the bag together using your hands (be careful not to break the salmons in half)
3. Marinate the salmon in the fridge for at least 1 hour
4. Add the peeled vegetables to a saucepan. Pour in some boiling hot water and add a deserved amount of salt. Boil for 20 minutes then drain using a strainer
5. Place the boiled vegetables in an oven dish. Sprinkle some dried thyme and paprika over the vegetables and then drizzle some olive oil.
6. Grill or oven bake until potatoes are golden brown.
7. Remove the salmon fillets from the fridge and place on a grill rack. Set the grill to high and grill the salmon fillets for 4-5 minutes on each side.
8. Chop the carrots into small slices and serve with the potatoes and salmon whilst they are still hot
Optional: Add extra parsley and salad dressing to your dish
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.