Slow Roasted Leg of Lamb
Seasoned tender leg of lamb rapped in bacon and slow roasted in gravy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: ~ 6.5 hours
2-2.5 Kg leg of lamb
400 g streaky smoked bacon
2 medium onions
4 cups gravy, beef flavoured
4 tbsp vegetable oil
season all/ salt and paper to taste
1. Rinse leg of lamb then place in a heat proof oven dish. Season the lamb with season all (or salt and pepper) on both sides.
2. Chop the onions in half, then into 1cm thick circles. Place the onions under the lamb in the dish.
3. Cover the upside of the lamb with one layer of bacon. Then pour the vegatable oil over the lamb then place in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 1 hour.
4. After 1 hour, pour 2 cups of gravy over the lamb, then place back in the oven now at 140 degrees celsius. Cook for 2 hours, then turn the lamb over to cook for a further 2-3 hours (or until the lamb is evenly browned on both sides).
5. Leave the lamb to stand for 30 minutes, then carve the lamb into slices. Pour 2 cups of gravy over the chopped lamb, cover with foil then place in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.