Crispy & Spicy Potato Wedges
Freshly cut potato wedges dipped in a homemade spice mix bursting with flavour, then roasted until golden brown and crispy.
* suitable for vegetarians*
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
2 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 ground black pepper
1/2 hot chilli powder
1 tsp season all or salt
2 eggs whites, lightly beaten
~1.3 Kg potatoes, chopped and (peeled - optional)
1. To a large bowl add the sunflower oil, spices and season all (or salt), then mix together well using a whisk
2. Peel ( optional) and chop the potatoes into wedges
3. Pour 2 egg whites into a large bowl then lightly beat for 30 seconds using a fork or whisk
4. Pour chopped potatoes into the egg whites, then mix together well using your hands (all the potatoes must be coated with the egg whites).
5. Transfer the potatoes into the spice mix ( N.B. do not pour excess egg whites into the spice mix bowl). Mix the potatoes well with the spice mix using your hands.
6. Transfer potatoes onto oven trays lined with lightly greased foil.
7. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 190-200 degrees Celsius. Turn over after 20 minutes.
8. Transfer wedges onto plate, then serve with your favourite dip.
Goes Great With:
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.