Sweet Potato Pie
A popular Thanksgiving or holiday dessert full of sweet potato goodness.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
4 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled
125g butter, melted
2 medium eggs
1/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
medium sized pastry case
1. Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling water for 40 minutes in a saucepan
2. Drain the water and rinse the potatoes in cold water before peeling off the skin, then mash the peeled potatoes using a fork.
3. In a food mixer add the melted butter, eggs, castor sugar,brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, ground spices, salt, then blend for 3 minutes to form a smooth mixture.
4. Next add in the sweet potatoes and blend for another 3 minutes
5. Pour the batter into a pastry case. Bake for 1 hour at 180 degrees Celsius. Leave to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.