Peri Peri Roast Chicken
Roast chicken cooked in a homemade authentic spicy peri peri sauce
Prep time: 2 hour 15 minutes (marinade for a least 2 hours)
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
~1.4-1.7 kg whole chicken
season all or salt & pepper to taste
5 garlic cloves
2 cm piece fresh ginger
Hot red chillies or Birds Eye Chillies (number optional)
50 ml/2 fl oz Olive oil
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
25ml/ 1fl oz red wine vinger
1 tbsp smoked paprika
3 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp caster sugar
1 lime, juiced
half onion, sliced
Peri Peri Chicken Goes Great With:
1. Wash then season the chicken with season all or salt & pepper to taste
2. To make the peri peri sauce blend together the garlic, ginger, chillies, olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, paprika, oregano, sugar and lime to form a smooth paste (Nutribullet blenders are excellent for forming smooth pastes).
3. Coat the chicken with about 2/3 of the peri peri sauce on both sides. Use an applicator brush to distribute the sauce evenly.
4.Cover the chicken with foil and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5. Remove from the fridge, then brush the chicken with a little more peri peri sauce.
6. Add half a sliced onion to the baking dish, then drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken
7. Place the chicken in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes.
8. Remove the chicken from the oven, then brush the chicken on both sides with more peri peri sauce.
9. Place the chicken back in the oven then repeat step 8 after 20 minutes. Cook in the oven for a final 30 minutes before serving.
Do you love chicken? Check out other chicken recipes
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.