KFC Style Fried Chicken
Fresh chicken coated in a tasty flour spice mix then deep fried until golden brown and crispy. Just as tasty as KFC!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
KFC Style Chicken Goes Great With:
750g - 1 kg chicken (drumsticks, wings, thighs or breast)
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp hot chilli powder
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1.5 cups plain flour
1-2 egg whites
2.5 litres vegetable or sunflower oil
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.
1. Mix spices, salt, sugar and flour together in a bowl.
2. Crack the egg whites in a separate bowl.
3. Wash the chicken, then coat each piece in the egg whites then in the flour mixture. Place on a plate, then leave to dry for 10 minutes.
4. Add oil to the deep fat fryer or a saucepan on a stove. Set temperature of oil to 170 degrees Celsius.
5. Recoat each chicken piece with the flour mixture then place in the hot oil. Fry the chicken in batches of 4-5 pieces ( If you are not using a deep fat fryer, monitor the temperature of oil using a thermometer) . Fry the chicken for 14 minutes, then remove from the oil onto a plate.
6. Serve with your favourite side dish