Crispy Garlic & Bacon
Crispy roasted hasselback cut potatoes, dressed in a delicious garlic oil marinade, finished with roasted bacon and onion cuts.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
~ 2.5 kg Maris Piper Potatoes
1 large onion, finely chopped
300 g smoked bacon, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves
~200 ml vegetable oil
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1. Place each potato in between two wooden spoons. Create cuts across the potato (across the shortest width) using the wooden spoons to prevent the knife going straight through the potato
2. Place the potatoes in a oven dish then rinse the potatoes using cold water
3. To a food processor add in the garlic, vegetable oil, onion salt, salt and oregano. Blend for 30 seconds or until a smooth paste is formed
4. Sprinkle the onion and bacon over the potatoes followed by the garlic oil.
5. Mix the ingredients well with your hands.
6. Optional: Leave the potatoes to marinate in the oil for 30 minutes
7. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour at 180 degrees Celsius
8. Optional: After 30 minutes of baking sprinkle the potatoes with breadcrumbs, then return the potatoes to the oven for a further 30 minutes of baking
9. Leave to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving
Why not try:
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.