Caribbean Curry Chicken
Prime cuts of whole chicken marinated in a delicious spice blend and slow cooked to form a colourful and delicious caribbean curry.
Prep time: 30 minutes
cooking time: 2.5-3 hour
~1.5 kg whole chicken
season all to taste
1.5 tbsp curry powder
1.8 tsp ground all spice
1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
1/2 tsp onion powder
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 scotch bonnets, chopped
1 lime, squeezed
3 large carrots, chopped
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1.5 cup warm water
1. Chop up a whole chicken into small pieces (How to cut up a whole chicken: https://youtu.be/aebSWRwFGoc)
2. Add in the season all, ground all spice, ginger, onion powder, garlic, scotch bonnets and lime juice. Mix together well (optional: leave to marinate for 1 hour or more to increase flavour)
3. Heat 4 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add in the chicken then cook for 7 minutes before turning over
4. Next add in the onions then cook the chicken for a further 7 minutes
5. Transfer the chicken and any chicken stock to a slow cooker crockpot.
6. Add the carrots and warm water to the crockpot.
7. Cook on high heat for 2.5-3 hours.
8. Serve with rice.
Do you love chicken? Check out other chicken recipes
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.