Carrot & Ginger Soup
A delicious blend of fresh carrots and spicy ginger to form a healthy and tasty vegetable soup perfect for the autumn & winter season
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5 kg carrots, peeled & chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 litres vegetable stock (4 stock cubes)
2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
salt to taste, optional
1. Add the olive oil to a large saucepan, then turn heat to high
2. Add in the onions and garlic. Stir, then leave to cook until onions just begin to brown
3. Add 1.5 tbsp of the fresh ginger, followed by carrots and vegetable stock.
4. Stir well, then bring the soup to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat until the soup is simmering. Simmer for 30 minutes
6. Section ~ 1/3 of the soup into bowl.
7. Add the remaining ginger and orange juice to the remaining soup in the saucepan.
8. Stir well, then blend until smooth using either a hand blender or a food processor
9. Add the blended and unblended soup back into the saucepan
10. Heat on medium heat until the soup is hot and has thicken.
11. Dress with some natural yoghurt (not suitable for vegans) and fresh coriander
For vegetarians and vegans, please check the vegetable stock cube you use is suitable for your diet.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.