Tender chicken cooked in a tasty, authentic curry complete with colourful spices and vegetables.
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 50 minutes
3 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
500 g chicken breast, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 inche piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 cup warm water
1-4 green chillies, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp white or brown sugar
1 lime, squeezed
Handful of chopped coriander
1. To a saucepan on medium heat add 3 tbsp of vegetable or olive oil
2. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaf, salt and turmeric powder. Cook until the onions have slightly browned
3. Turn up the heat and add the chopped chicken breast fillets, cayenne pepper, cumin, green chillies and ginger. Mix together until all the chicken has cooked
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, warm water, tomato puree, lime juice, red wine vinegar and sugar.
5. Bring to a boil then add the chopped carrots. Add salt to taste
6. Cook for 20 minutes on medium heat (cover with a lid)
7. Garnish with chopped coriander. Serve with rice or naan bread.
Do you love chicken? Check out other chicken recipes
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.