Prime cuts of whole chicken cooked in a full flavoured tomato stew, with vegetables. Best served with rice.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 70 minutes
1 whole chicken, chopped
1/2 onion, sliced
season all, to taste
2.5 onions, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
2 scotch bonnets, chopped (optional)
1 tsp tomato puree
4 cans plum tomatoes, blended
5 medium carrots, chopped
full circle salt
herbs to garnish (optional)
serve with rice
Do you love chicken? Check out other chicken recipes
1. Chop up a whole chicken (see video tutorial: https://youtu.be/aebSWRwFGoc)
2. Season chicken with some season all to taste then add the sliced onion.
3. Add 4 tbsp of olive oil then cook in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 70 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
4.Let the chicken cook in the oven for at least 20 minutes then begin to make your stew
5. To a saucepan, add 3 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat
6. Add in the chopped onions, garlic and scotch bonnets. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes or until the onions turn translucent
7. Add in the tomato puree, plum tomatoes and a full circle of salt.
8. Add in the carrots and stir well. Place a lid half on the saucepan and cook the stew for 30 minutes on medium heat (stir every 5 minutes)
9. Add in the cooked chicken and stir well.
10. Add in 3-4 tbsp of chicken stock formed in the dish you baked your chicken in (this will add a lot of flavour to your stew.)
11. Cook your stew for a further 10 minutes and then serve with rice.
TIP: If your stew begins to dry, reduce the heat then add extra olive oil
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.