Chinese Egg Fried Rice with Vegetables
Delicious and healthy Chinese egg fried rice cooked with vegetables and optional chilli peppers to add an amazing spicy flavour.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
3 cups of long grain or basmati rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3-5 mushrooms, chopped
3-4 green chillies, chopped (optional)
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1 cup mixed vegetables
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1. Cook the rice in a rice cooker or a saucepan and then leave to cool to room temperature
2. Crack the eggs in a bowl, then add the sesame seed oil. Beat until well combined
3. In a saucepan heat the olive oil to high heat then add in the onions, mushrooms and green chillies. Fry until the onions turn translucent
4. Add the cooled rice and vegetable to the saucepan, then mix well together
5. Add in the soy sauce then mix well together. Fry for 3 minutes on high heat
6. Create a well in the middle of the saucepan, then add in the beaten eggs
7. Leave to fry for around 10 seconds then mix together well with the rice
8. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes before serving.
9. Serving suggestion: This dish will go great with Chinese Style Salmon (see below for recipe)
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.