Fresh sweet cooking apples baked under a bed of soft, fluffy sponge.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
2 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced
1/2 pound of butter, softened
1/2 pound caster sugar
1/2 pound self raising flour
5 medium eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tbsp milk
1 tbsp caster sugar
1. Lay about 3/4 of the sliced apples in a pre-greased baking dish
2. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of caster sugar over the apples then leave to one side
3. In a food mixer add the butter and caster sugar and mix until fluffy
4. Add 2 medium eggs to the mixture and whisk for 5 minutes, then add 2 more eggs and whisk for 5 minutes, followed by 1 egg and whisk for a further 3 minutes
5. Add 1/4 pound of flour, the milk and baking powder. Whisk until smooth then add the remaining flour.
6. Pour the mixture over the apples in the dish. Shake the dish to form an even layer.
7. Decorate the top of the pudding with the remaining cooking apples
8. Bake in the oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 40-50 minutes or until the pudding has cooked through (poke the pudding with a skewer. If the skewer comes out clean, then the pudding is cooked)
9. Serving sugggestion- serve with ice cream or custard
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.