Green Chilli Pea Soup
Fresh green peas blended into a creamy vegetable stock based soup lightly spiced with fresh green chillies.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 green chillies
480 g defrosted green peas
1 vegetable stock cube
800 mL boiling water
1/2 tsp salt
100 mL soured cream (optional)
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1. Add the sunflower oil to a saucepan heated to medium heat.
2. Add the onions and garlic. Stir the mixture well, then add in the pepper, coriander, cumin and green chillies. Stir the mixture, then leave to sweat for 5 minutes ( do not brown the onions)
3. Dissolve the stock cube in the water. Add the green peas and vegetable stock, followed by the salt to the saucepan. Stir the mixture well, then increase to high heat to bring the mixture to a boil for 5 minutes. Reduce to medium heat, then leave the mixture to simmer for 30 minutes with the lid on.
4. Remove the green chillies from the mixture (optional if you do not want a very spicy soup). Then pour the mixture into blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until a smooth puree forms.
5. Pour the soup into a clean saucepan on low heat. Add extra hot water to adjust thickness of soup to your liking.
6. Add 100 mL of soured cream to the soup. Stir for 2 mintues (optional), then serve soup
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.