Jerk Rum Ribs coated with BBQ Rum Sauce
Roasted pork ribs marinaded in a tasty, full flavoured jerk rum seasoning and coated with a delicious home made BBQ rum sauce.
Prep time: 2 hour 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 45 minutes
1. Add the jerk seasoning and honey to the washed pork ribs in a dish, then mix together well with your hands.
2. Place the ribs in a food bag. Add the rum to the dish, swirl the dish to removed any remaining jerk seasoning then pour the rum into the food bag. Tie the bag, then shake to mix the ingredients together. Place in the bag of ribs in the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours.
3. Place the ribs in an oven dish. Spoon marinade over the ribs, then add the vegetable oil over the ribs. Cover the dish with aluminium foil, then place in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 hour.
4. During this time, start making the BBQ rum sauce by adding the sugar, ketchup, rum, jerk seasoning, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic to a saucepan. Heat on medium heat for 7 minutues with continuous stirring (the mixture should slighly darken and thicken during this time).
5. Remove ribs from the oven and remove the aluminium foil. Brush the ribs on both sides with the BBQ rum sauce, then place back in the oven uncovered for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
6. Remove ribs from the oven, then brush the ribs again with more BBQ rum sauce on both sides, then place back in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
7. Leave ribs to stand for 10 minutes. Serve ribs with left over BBQ rum sauce and with side dish of your choice.
700 g pork ribs
2.5 tbsp jerk seasoning
1/2 cup dark rum
1 tsp honey
3 tbsp vegetable oil
BBQ Rum Sauce:
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tomato ketchup
1/2 cup dark rum
1 tbsp jerk seasoning
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.