Baked Mac & Cheese with Bacon, Mushroom & Onion Filling
Delicious fusilli pasta mixed with fried bacon, onions and mushrooms, baked in a rich creamy cheese sauce.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
2 medium onions, chopped
400 g mushrooms, chopped
345 g unsmoked bacon, chopped
700 g fusilli pasta
salt to taste
seaon all to taste
2 tbsp vegetable oil
see link below for ingredients
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 15-20 minutes (add salt to taste).
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the vegetable oil on high heat in a frying pan, then cook the bacon for 10 minutes. Add in the onions and mushrooms, then season with season all (or salt & pepper) to taste. Cook for 10 minutes with occasional stirring.
3. Drain the pasta, then pour into a heatproof oven dish. Add the cooked onion, bacon and mushrooms to the pasta using a slotted spoon (to ensure you drain off any excess oil), then mix the ingredients together.
4. Pour cheese sauce over the pasta (see link below for the perfect cheese sauce recipe),
5. Mix together the pasta and cheese sauce with a spoon. Sprinkle a handful of cheese for the topping. Place in oven at 180 degree celsius for 30 minutes. Leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Cheese Sauce Recipe
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.