A delicious blend of fresh, colourful vegetables cooked to form a healthy and tasty vegetable soup perfect for the winter season
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 celery sticks, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, diced
1/2 head savoy cabbage, chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
250 g spaghetti or pasta
1 can cannellini beans
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 vegetable stock cubes
2L boiling water
100g cheese, grated
1. In a blender add the carrots, celery and onions and 100 ml of water. Blend to form a rough paste
2. In a saucepan add the olive oil and garlic, followed by the blended vegetables and sweet potatoes. Cook on high heat for 7 minutes
3. Dissolve the vegetable stock cubes in 2L of boiling water, then add to the saucepan.
4. Then add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Stir well and add salt to taste. Bring to the boil for 10 minutes, then turn down the heat to medium and simmer, covered for 15 minutes
5. Then add the beans and pasta. Cook for 15 minutes, covered on medium heat. Add the cabbage. Add more salt to taste if necessary. Cook for 5 minutes before serving.
6. Serve with crusty bread.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.