New York Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake made of three delicious layers: crunchy biscuit, cream cheese and soured cream, topped with sweet blueberries
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Set time: ~12 hours
6 tbsp butter
200 g digestive biscuits, crushed
400 g cream cheese
140 g caster sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
450 ml soured cream
55 g caster sugar
4 tbsp water
260 g blueberries
1 tsp arrowroot
1. Add the butter and digestive biscuits to a saucepan on low heat. Stir until butter has melted.
2. Brush the inside of a 20 cm springform tin with some sunflower oil, then add the biscuit and melted butter to the springform tin. Use a spatula to create a flat, even layer.
3. Add the cream cheese and eggs to a food mixer, then mix together for 5 minutes. Add 100 g of caster sugar and 0.5 tsp of vanilla extract to the mixer, then mix together for 10 minutes.
4. Pour the cream cheese mix over the biscuit layer in the springform tin. Place the tin in the oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Then leave to stand at room temperature for 20 mintues.
5. Add the soured cream to a bowl, then add 40 g of caster sugar and 1tsp of vanilla extract. Mix the ingredients together.
6. Add the soured cream over the cream cheese layer. Smooth the layer using a spatula, then place it in the oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes. Leave to cool completely to room temperature, then place in the fridge overnight ( ~ 12 hours) to set.
7. Then take out of the fridge, then remove the springform tin.
8. To make the blueberry topping, add the caster sugar to a saucepan on low heat, then add the water. Mix until the sugar dissolves.
9. Turn up the heat to medium heat, then add the blueberries to the saucepan, mix once then place the lid on the saucepan. Leave to heat for 5 minutes (or until the blueberries have softened).
10. Dissolve the arrowroot in 2 tbsp of water. Remove the blueberries from the heat, then add the arrowroot solution to the blueberries. Place blueberries under low heat then mix for 3 minutes. Spoon blueberries over the cheesecake, then leave in the fridge for 1 hour to set before serving.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.