Spicy Lamb Chops with Coriander Potatoes
Green chilli and fresh thyme marinaded lamb chops served with crispy coriander potatoes.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hours 15 minutes
800 g lamb chops
Season all/salt and pepper to taste
2 green chillies, chopped
1 small handful fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1.5-2 Kg red potatoes
2 tsp butter/margarine
1 tbsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 small glass red wine
1 large cabbage, shredded
1 carrot, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
extra virgin olive oil
Gravy, beef flavoured
1. Season the lamb chops using some season all or salt and pepper to your taste.
2. Add the green chillies and fresh thyme to the lamb chops. Next, drizzle some olive oil over the lamb chops, then mix all the ingredients together with your hands. Leave the lamb to one side.
3. Peel and cut the red potatoes into large chunks. Boil the potatoes for 8-10 minutes in hot salted and buttered water, then drain the potatoes using a strainer.
4. Place the potatoes in a dish, then leave them to stand for 10 minutes. Crush the potatoes slightly with your thumbs. Sprinkle the coriander and cinnamon over the potatoes. Drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes, followed by the red wine.
5. Toss the potatoes in the dish, then place the potatoes in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 1 hour (turn over after 30 minutes).
6. After the potatoes have been turned over once, place the lamb chops in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius and cook them to your liking.
7. Boil the carrots and cabbage in hot water for 10 minutes. Fry the onions in olive oil for 5 mintues.
8. Remove potatoes and lamb from the oven, and serve with the onions, carrots and cabbage with gravy.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.