Spicy Mango Chicken
Tender chicken wings oven grilled in a spicy mango marinade perfect for the summertime
Prep time: 15 minutes
marinate time: min 1 hour
cooking time: 1.5 hour
~2 kg chicken wings
2 tsp season all
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp cooking oil
For the marinade:
2 large ripe mangos, chopped
3 inch piece of fresh stem ginger x2
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp lime juice
1-2 scotch bonnets
Do you love chicken? Check out other chicken recipes
1. Place the chicken wings in a baking dish, then add the season all, curry powder and dried thyme. Mix together well with your hands
2. To make the marinade, add the mangos, ginger, honey, vinegar, lime juice, scotch bonnets and onion to a food processor. Blend to form a smooth paste
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken, then mix together well using a spoon.
4. Cover the chicken with foil, then marinate in the fridge for a least 1 hour.
5. Remove the chicken from the fridge then drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil.
6. Place in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Turn over the chicken after 50 minutes, then cook for a further 40 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked on both sides.
7. Serve the chicken with your favourite side dish
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.