Yellow Coconut Chicken Curry
Chicken breast fillets marinaded in an authentic spice mix then slow cooked in a creamy coconut curry, best served with plain rice
Prep time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2.5 hours (high) ; 4.5 hours (low)
1 kg chicken breast fillets
7 small green chillies
5 cm piece stem ginger, chopped
4 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp season all or salt and pepper
4 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp hot curry powder
8-10 spring onions, chopped
4 tbsp sunflower oil or vegetable oil
2.5 cups of warm water
200g creamed coconut
salt to taste
handful of fresh coriander
6 tbsp single cream (optional)
* Slow Cooker Recipe *
1. Add the ginger, garlic and green chillies to a blender Blend for 30 seconds to form a paste.
2. Dice and wash the chicken breast fillets. Add the season all, turmeric, cumin, curry powder then mix well with your hands
3. Add the blended mixture and spring onions and mix together using a spoon. Marinade in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. Add the oil to a pan on high heat. Add the chicken and cook until all sides have turned white. Transfer to the crock pot.
5. Add 2.5 cups of warm water and creamed coconut to the pan on high heat. Stir until coconut has melted and the water is boiling. Transfer to the crock pot and stir well.
6. Add table salt to taste then place lid on pot and transfer to basin. Cook on high for 2.5 hours or low for 4.5 hours.
7. Stir curry very well then add fresh coriander and optionally add single cream for a creamer finish. Serve with plain rice.
Do you love chicken? Check out other chicken recipes
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.