Honey Roasted Jerk Rib Wrapped in Bacon Blankets
Succulent pork ribs cooked in a homemade jerk marinade rapped in honey roasted and full of flavour streaky bacon blankets.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 35 minutes
700 g Pork Ribs
400 g Streaky Bacon
4 Spring Onions
1/4 cup Dark Rum
1/4 cup Dark Soy Sauce
1/2 or 1 Scotch Bonnet
Season All (to taste)
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 Hot Chilli Powder
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 tsp Freshly Crushed Garlic
1/4 tsp Ground All Spice
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp Honey
4 tbsp vegetable,sunflower or olive oil
1. Place the washed pork ribs in a dish then add some season all to taste then mix together well with your hands
2. Add hot chilli powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, all spice, garlic, ginger,scotch bonnet, sugar and spring onions to the ribs
3. Lastly add rum and soy sauce, then mix all the ingredients well with your hands (cover your hands with a plastic bag to prevent hot spices sticking to them)
4. Place the ribs in a doubled plastic bag and add any remaining marinade in the dish into the bag. Tie the bag then mix the ribs and jerk marinade well
5. Place the bagged ribs in the fridge for at least 1 hour
6. Place the ribs in a dish, then rap each pork rib with a strip of streaky bacon
7. Dissolve 1/2 tsp honey in a bit of water (add just enough water to form a solution).
8. Brush each pork rib on both sides with the honey solution.
9. Add 4 tbsp of vegetable, sunflower or olive oil to the ribs. Cover the dish with aluminium foil then place in the oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 1 hour.
10. Remove then ribs from the oven. Remove the aluminium foil then turn the ribs over. Place the ribs back in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
11. Turn the ribs over again, then place back in the oven for 15-20 more minutes or until the ribs are evenly browned on both sides before serving.
Why not try:
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.