One Pot Spicy Beef Fajitas
Browned lean mince beef and red kidney beans cooked in a rich spicy tomato sauce, served with tortilla wraps
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Fajita beef filling
1 medium onion
1 medium red bell pepper
2 gloves of garlic
1 heaped tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of ground cumin
1 scotch bonnet, chopped
500 g of lean mince beef
1/2 beef stock cube in 200 ml of boiling water
1 can (400 g) of blended tomatoes
1 tsp of tomato puree
1/2 tsp of dried marjoram
1 can (400 g) of red kidney beans
1 tbsp vegetabe oil
salt to taste
Other ingredients for Fajita
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.
1. Rinse and dice the onion and red pepper, peel and rinse the garlic.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, cook until they turn translucent then add the red pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, ground cumin. Then leave to cook for 5 minutes with occasional stirring.
3. Turn up the heat, then add the mince beef. Break up the beef using a wooden spoon and continue to stir until all the beef has turned brown and is evenly cooked.
4. Add the scotch bonnet to the pan then the beef stock solution into the saucepan, followed by the blended tomatoes and dried marjoram then stir. Lower the heat at this point.
5.Add a circle of salt to taste, tomato puree, then stir. Leave to boil for 3 minutes with occasional stirring. Then turn down the heat so the sauce is gently boiling. Place the lid on the saucepan, then leave to boil gently for 20 mintues. (Check the sauce occasionlly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan).
7. Drain the red kidney beans and rinse under cold running water. Add the beans to the saucepan, then stir. Add more salt to taste.
8. Gently boil the sauce for 10 minutes, without the lid on. Then remove the saucepan from the heat, then replace the lid on the saucepan. Leave to stand for 10 mintues.
9. Heat your tortilla wraps in the oven or microwave for 1 minute then fill them with the beef filling, salad, salsa sauce and guacamole.
Like spicy food?
Why not try:
Spicy Spaghetti Bolognese