Fried Beef Recipe
Slow cooked then fried beef on the bone perfect in heart warming stews and soups
Prep time: 1.5 hours
Cooking time: 30 mins
1 medium oxtail or any beef meat on the bone, chopped into small pieces (~1.5 kg)
season all, one full circle
2.5 circles of table salt
1 medium onion, chopped
boiling hot water
1/2 cup cooking oil
1. In deep saucepan add the chopped oxtail meat, season all, salt and onion.
2. Top up the saucepan with boiling hot water (ensure all the meat is covered by the water).
3. Boil on high heat for 1. 5 hours or until the oxtail meat has become tender (remember to top up any reduced water during this time)
4.. In another deep saucepan add about 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
5. Heat the oil on high heat then fry the oxtail meat. Turn over to ensure both sides have browned.
6. Keep the saucepan and oil if you wish to make stew with the beef ( click for beef stew recipe)
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.