Tomato & Bacon
Fried bacon and stir fry vegetables cooked in a rich tomato sauce mixed with fusilli pasta then baked until golden brown.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
300g fusilli Pasta
300 g bacon, chopped
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 red pepper, chopped
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
300g stir fry vegetables, chopped
500g tomato sauce or plum tomato
Salt to taste
100g cheese, grated
2 tbsp sunflower oil
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.
1. Boil 300 g of pasta in hot water for 20 minutes.
2. Whiles the pasta is cooking, add the bacon and garlic to the oil on medium heat. Stir well, then cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the red peppers and spices, then cook 5 minutes.
4. Add the stir fry vegetables then cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes then add the pasta. Stir well, then cook for 3 minutes before putting it in a heat proof oven dish.
5. Top with the dish cheese then bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.