Delicious homemade Chinese spicy Szechuan sauce cooked into a sausage and vegetable stir fry pasta
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Making the spicy Szechuan sauce:
1. Add 2 cups of warm water to a saucepan, heat on medium heat for 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and scotch bonnet. Stir then heat for 3 minutes.
2. Add the mixture to a food processor. Add the tomato puree, then blend for 30 seconds.
3. To a saucepan add the sesame seed oil, heat on medium heat. Add the onion, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add the ginger, cayenne pepper and black pepper and salt. Stir well.
4. Cook for 1 minute before adding the food processed mixture. Stir well then add the sugar, soy sauce and rice wine.
5. Heat for 4 minutes then lower the temperature. Add 1/2 cup warm water, followed by the cornflour solution.
6. Warm gently for 2 minutes then pour the sauce through a small holed strainer to form a smooth sauce.
Making the spicy Szechuan sausage pasta:
1. Cook the pasta or noodles in a saucepan.
2. Meanwhile add the chopped sausages in cooking oil on high heat, followed by the season all. Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the stir fry vegetables, cook for 3 minutes before adding the Szechuan sauce.
4. Stir and cook the sauce for 5 minutes before adding the cooked pasta. Stir well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
For Spicy Szechuan Sauce:
2.5 cups warm water
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 scotch bonnet or chilli, chopped
2 tbsp tomato puree
3 tbsp sesame seed oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp light brown sugar
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp rice wine
3 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 3 tbsp water
For Spicy Szechuan Sausage Pasta:
2 cups spicy Szechuan sauce
500g fusilli pasta or noodles
6 pork sausage,chopped
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp season all
300 g mixed stir fry vegetables
Why not try:
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.