Jelly & Ice-cream Layered Tower
Jelly & Ice-cream dessert served in a original layered tower finish topped with crushed chocolate chip cookies, sprinkles and fresh fruit on top.
Prep time: 15 hours
Packet of raspberry flavoured jelly
Packet of lime flavoured jelly
Tub of vanilla ice-cream
Tub of strawberry ice-cream
100 g Fresh strawberries or raspberries
chocolate chip cookies, crushed
1.Prepare the raspberry flavoured jelly following packet instructions.
2. Quarter-fill 6-10 champagne glasses with the jelly solution, then add fresh fruit to the glass (addition of fruit is optional). Cover glasses with clingfilm then leave to set in fridge overnight.
2. Immediately prepare the lime flavoured jelly in a jug and also set in fridge overnight.
3. The next day, add a quarter layer of vanilla ice-cream on top of the set raspberry jelly layer in the glasses. ( Tip: Spread the ice-cream to the desired layer thickness onto a flat plate,then use the rim of an empty champagne glass to cut moulds of ice-cream to fit on top of the jelly layer).
4. Place glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes to set ice-cream.
4. Spoon a quarter thick layer of lime flavoured jelly on top of the vanillla ice-cream layer, then add a layer of strawberry ice-cream. Place glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes to set ice-cream.
5. Top dessert glasses with crushed chocolate chip cookies, sprinkles and fresh fruit.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.