Slow Cooked Spicy Beef Stew
Slow cooked tender diced beef cooked in a full flavoured spicy vegetable tomato stew.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 hours (high); 8 hours (low)
800g diced beef
2-3 tsp season all
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 large onion, chopped
2-3 red chillies, chopped
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
15 baby potatoes, peeled and chopped in half
200 ml beef stock solution
salt to taste, 1 circle
green leaves to garnish
*Slow Cooker Recipe*
1. Wash the oxtail meat in a bowl, then season with season all and turmeric then mix together with your hands.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan to high heat then add in the meet. Brown for 5 minutes, then add in the onions, garlic, red chillies.
4. Add the can of chopped tomatoes and the beef stock solution, followed by the bell peppers and carrots. Add a circle of salt to taste
5. Add the mixture to the crock pot and form an even layer, then add the potatoes.
6. add extra whole chilli to the pot (optional). Place the pot in the basin then cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
7. After 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low, stir the stew then add green leaves to garnish
8. Serve the stew with cooked rice.
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.
Like Slow Cooker Recipes?
Why not try:
Malaysian Beef and