Spicy Ginger Chicken
Tasty fresh ginger and scotch bonnet marinade for chicken as well as beef, pork, lamb and fish
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
800 g chicken (drumsticks, wings, thighs or breast) / meat or fish
1 tsp season all
1 tsp garlic granules
1 tsp ground white pepper
1 scotch bonnet
3 cm pieces fresh ginger x2
1 tsp water
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Add the fresh ginger, scotch bonnet and water in a food processor. Blend the ingredients to form a coarse paste.
2. Wash the chicken, then season with season all. Mix ingredients together with your hands.
3. Add the garlic and white pepper to the chicken, then mix ingredients together with your hands.
4. Add the ginger and scotch bonnet paste to the chicken, then mix ingredients together with your hands.
5. Add the ground ginger then mix together with your hands. Add the vegetable oil.
6. Cook chicken in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes. Turn chicken over then cook for a further 45 minutes (or until chicken is evenly brown on both sides).
Have you made this recipe? Comment and rate below.